The use of e-mails as marketing tools has been in use for many years now. If in the past the sending of e-mails was done randomly, i.e. without specific filtering of contacts, now thanks to e-mail automation the recipients are chosen based on their real interests .
By e-mail marketing we mean a type of direct marketing , a one-to-one communication with the user through the sending of e-mails. The aim is to arouse interest in a first phase, propose solutions and offers, lead it to the purchase of a good and a service and, ultimately, build loyalty.
Thanks to marketing automation and the introduction of dedicated CRMs, it is now possible to send dedicated emails to the different contacts, i.e. containing what is really of interest to them, a factor capable of increasing the likelihood that they will open and read messages. If this were to happen, the probability of purchasing a good, a service or a product would also increase exponentially. This is because inbound marketing operates according to a very specific process, namely that of attracting, converting, concluding the purchase and retaining the user .
All this is possible thanks to the introduction of dedicated CRMs , with which it is possible to monitor user actions, create different contact lists for sending material, or specific funnels.
The benefits of email marketing
If the use of email as a marketing tool has been in use for so many years, there must be a reason. So here are some of the advantages of using this commercial tactic.
- Savings in terms of time and money , as once the customer journey has been monitored, it will be sufficient to arrange the sending of certain contents at specific periodic intervals
- Communication that can be implemented 24 hours a day every day of the year , as the CRM automates all processes
- More effective and relevant communication for the user , who will see content truly similar to his interests delivered to his email address
- Simple management of complex plans , i.e. sending specific emails relating to different user stages, from those aimed at attracting, converting, closing a sale and, finally, customer loyalty
- Constant monitoring of ROI , being able to verify costs and results in economic terms in real time
- Increase in the frequency and quantity of purchases , proposing articles related to what is sought ( cross-selling ) or of a higher level ( up-selling )
- Measurability and traceability , all with a simple click thanks to the use of dedicated CRMs
- Follow up of the customer journey , as the use of CRM for e-mail automation allows you to follow the individual action of each customer
- Creation of user segments
- Total customization of e-mails sent to customers , with timely contacts where you want to finalize a purchase
- Ability to do tests to understand which messages are most successful.
Email marketing: who is it useful for?
It will seem obvious but the choice to direct one’s choice towards e-mail marketing could really be useful to everyone . Communicating directly with potential customers will give them the opportunity to keep them updated in real time on offers and promotions, but, thanks to the use of marketing automation strategies and software, propose content related to their interests.
In this sense, it is therefore easy to say that e-mail marketing is one of the most effective direct means of communication , especially in recent years. Useful to take into consideration if you want to use a direct means of communication with the user but, at the same time, not excessively invasive, such as promotional phone calls for example.
Obviously, if you want to exploit all the potential of e-mails, it would be good to move towards marketing automation, or the real future of one-to-one communication .