If you are tired of your current social media account username, a new one might appeal to you more. Like other popular messaging apps, Snapchat allows you to change your name. Changing your Snapchat display name has been your only option for years. Changing a user’s username on the messaging platform WhatsApp is possible without having to delete their account. We hope this article has everything you need to know about changing your Snapchat username.
Change Your Snapchat Username (2022)
Users are currently experiencing a gradual rollout of Snap username changes. Update your Snapchat app on the Play Store or App Store to the latest version if you want to be among the first to change your Snapchat username. If you don’t see the “Change username” option after updating Snapchat, you can force close the app and clear the cache. As well as explaining how to change your Snapchat display name and username before the one-year waiting period begins, here’s how to change your Snapchat display name. Let’s begin.
Snapchat Display Name vs. Username
Let’s first explore the differences between the two to understand how to change your Snapchat username and display name. The display name of your Snapchat profile appears in the conversation window. Other people can also change your display name, as well as you.
Snapchat accounts can be created by selecting an individual username. If you are wondering, can you now change your Snapchat username? The answer to your question can be found in detail in the following paragraphs.
Change Snapchat Username on Android & iOS (Official Method)
Your Snapchat username can now be changed on the app. There is only one opportunity per year to change your Snapchat username. It is the same procedure on the iPhone as on the Android device.r Snapchat username.
- Bitmojis (or profiles) are displayed in the top-left corner of Snapchat. Go to the profile page and click Settings in the top-right corner.
- The “My Account” section of Snapchat lets you modify your username by tapping “Change Username.”
- In the future, you will only be able to change your Snapchat username once per year. You will be asked to acknowledge by clicking the “Continue” button. Once the new username has been entered in the “Username” textbox, click “Next.”
- Once you have entered your password, click “Confirm.” Once the confirmation dialog appears, click “Continue” to confirm the changes.
- Once you’ve finished, you’re done! You will see a pop-up when you have successfully changed your Snapchat username. After a year, you will not be able to change your username again.
Change Snapchat Display Name on Android & iOS.
- You can access Bitmoji by opening the icon in the upper left corner of Snapchat. The settings section is located at the top of the profile page in the right-hand corner.
- In the “My Account” settings, tap “Name” to update your display name. Snap settings below do not allow you to change your username despite temptation.
- Enter a new Snapchat display name and click on the green “Save” button.
- Your Snapchat profile will automatically display your new display name as soon as you save it:
How to Change Snapchat Username Before 1 Year (Android & iOS)
Snapchat usernames cannot be changed after they have been changed recently for a year. Snapchat accounts can only be created if the username needs to be changed immediately. You can delete your Snapchat account by following the link in the linked guide. Although creating a new version is not difficult, data cannot be transferred from the old one to the new one. Here are the steps to creating a Snapchat account based on that information.
- Your Snapchat account can be deleted using the guide linked above. Sign-up is available on the home screen by clicking “Sign Up.” Click the “Sign Up & Accept” button on the next page.
- After entering your name, you must enter your birthday. Once your birthday has been entered into the software, tap “Continue” once you have selected it using the date picker.
- New usernames and passwords must now be created. If you want to change your username before the one-year cooldown period begins, you must choose one you won’t regret.
- Please enter your email address in the signup form. Alternatively, you can use your OTP instead of your phone number. That’s all there is to it. You have successfully changed your Snapchat username.
Change Your Name in Snapchat Easily
Snapchat has responded to one of the most popular requests by introducing the option to change your Snapchat username. Whenever you change your username, remember the yearly cooling-off period. Following our tutorial on retrieving your Snapchat account, you can recover the old one if you lose access to it. If you have any other questions, post them in the comments section below.