Several reports from customers claiming to have encountered numerous issues with the Disney Plus app upon starting it, including the Disney Plus app not loading, a blank screen, Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV, and an endless scrolling issue.
If you’re having trouble with a similar matter, you’ve come to the right place; in this post, we’ll show you how to cure the “Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV” issue.
Before we can remedy a problem, we must first understand all of the causes of the problem, and only then can we attempt to solve it.
What are the possible causes for “Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV”?
There are many possible causes for Disney Plus not working on Samsung TVs.
- The firmware on your Samsung TV is out of date.
- Your Samsung TV is misconfigured.
- Internet connection speed is slow.
- Your Samsung TV is loaded with bugs.
- Your Disney Plus app’s cache and data have been corrupted.
- It’s a very old version of the Disney Plus app.
How can I get Disney plus to work on my Samsung TV?
1 – Reboot your Samsung TV
To repair your “Disney Plus not working Samsung TV” problem, do what you usually do: restart your Samsung TV. Several times, it has been shown that a simple restart may cure the problem with such programs.
- Use the TV remote to restart your Samsung TV.
- Find the power or standby button on your Samsung TV remote.
- It would take a few seconds for the system to entirely shut down after you press the power button.
- After a few moments, push the power button once again.
- Your device will now begin to turn on.
- Start Disney Plus and see whether your problem has been resolved.
- Disconnect your power cord.
- Alternatively, you may disconnect your power cable from the switch.
- For a few minutes, hold the power cable.
- Connect your power cable to the main switch once again.
- Start the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV by turning it on.
2 – Make use of a high-speed Internet connection.
The Disney Plus app, as you may know, requires an online connection. Just an online connection won’t work. You also need a fast internet connection since poor internet speeds have been known to cause the Disney Plus app to not load correctly.
As a result, to view Disney Plus material without buffering or stalling, you’ll need a fast internet connection. Place your router or Wi-Fi as near your computer as feasible, and if you have Ethernet, it will be a better option.
3 – Delete the Samsung TV’s cache.
Occasionally, damaged data and cache prevent the Disney Plus app from functioning; thus, it is best to erase it from the Samsung TV app to avoid interference. Adhere to all of the provided instructions to ensure a successful caching operation.
- To begin, go to the menu and choose the settings option.
- Now choose the applications.
- Select the Disney Plus app.
- Make your way through the list of available storage options on the page.
- Select the option to Clear Cache.
- To confirm, press the OK button.
Following this procedure, the cache of the Disney Plus app will be cleared immediately. You may now open the Disney Plus app from the applications menu, and if the problem persists on your TV screen, go on to the next step.
3 – Make sure your Disney Plus app is up to date.
The Disney Plus app is always incompatible with Samsung TV since it is old. The Disney Plus app must be updated to the most recent version. The old version of any apps doesn’t work well on Samsung TV, so you should install the new version of them instead.
- From the menu, choose Apps.
- Go to the highlighted option.
- The Disney Plus app should be selected.
- Now, a little notice box will appear on your screen, prompting you to choose the option to update applications.
- Make sure the Auto-update option in the settings is turned on.
4 – Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app.
Many users have reported that reinstalling the Disney Plus app cured the problem. Since the app often stores a large amount of undesirable data, it is difficult to use the app. Delete and update your app to load a new Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV.
- Choose the applications option.
- From the app list, find and pick the Disney Plus app.
- Under the Disney Plus app, a little sub-menu will now appear.
- From the top of the panel, choose the delete button.
- Then look for the Disney Plus app once it has been entirely uninstalled.
- On the following screen, choose the install option.
- Open the Disney Plus app to see whether the Disney Plus not working issue has been resolved.
5 – Update the firmware on your Samsung TV.
We discussed uninstalling and upgrading the Disney Plus app, but what if the firmware on your Samsung TV is out of date? This problem is not always solved by upgrading the app; you will also need to update your Samsung TV.
- A menu screen will show on your TV screen when you press the home button on your TV remote.
- Scroll to the left and choose Settings.
- Select “Support” from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose Software Update from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Software Update option, choose the Update Now option.
- Relaunch the Disney Plus app when the Update is complete.
6 – Reset to factory defaults.
This is the last step in resolving the Disney Plus app not loading on Samsung TV issues. If you have any wrong settings, resetting/factory reset will restore them to their default state.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Again, choose “support.”
- Choose Self Diagnosis from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Reset option from the Self Diagnosis tab.
- In the blank box, type (0000) as the default code.
- Your Samsung television will now be restored.
I hope that the strategies listed above may assist you in working on your Disney Plus issue. Suppose you can’t discover a solution after attempting all of these procedures. In that case, your Disney Plus app may be offline or under maintenance.