Snapchat recently introduced a dark mode for users. There is, however, only a direct way to do this for iOS users. The good news is that you can now access dark mode on Snapchat on your Android smartphone!
Dark modes were introduced by most software manufacturers early in 2019. Several social networking applications now allow users to switch to dark mode. It looks better and consumes less battery power since the interface is darker rather than brighter. There hasn’t been a dark mode on Snapchat for a long time. There was finally a shady way for the photo-centric messaging platform in 2021. Here’s how to enable Snapchat’s dark mode. The process is a bit more complicated than the iPhone, but it can still be done.
What is the dark mode on Snapchat?
The app appears in Dark Mode with a darker background. When it is difficult to see, the dark mode can be used. It is also known as night mode. Darker colors are available by changing the app’s color scheme. This setting can be used to stay up late. This feature prevents your eyes from being damaged by the bright white light in the evening. Sleeping with your device doesn’t disturb your sleep or strain your eyes. Some apps do not have this feature, even though it is valuable. This feature is not yet available on Snapchat for Android users. This excellent solution can help you get darker on your Android device! Our first question will be how dark mode works, followed by a discussion of its benefits.
Benefits of dark mode
When Snapchat’s dark mode is enabled, what are the benefits? Many apps offer this feature. Even though not everyone uses it, there are several compelling reasons to do so:
- In addition to making the app more aesthetic, the dark mode also reduces battery consumption by reducing screen brightness.
- It is more comfortable to use the dark mode than the standard model for your eyes. There is less harsh interaction between white light and it. Because of this, users have a more enjoyable experience with the app.
This link will take you to Snapchat’s dark mode.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat for iOS
As part of Snapchat’s strategy to improve its user experience, it added this feature in May 2021. The iPhone’s app settings provide access to this feature. Snapchat’s dark mode is available on iOS.
- Your Action moji is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. Your profile can be accessed by clicking it.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the gear icon to open the system settings.
- “My Account” > “App Appearance.”
- In-App Appearance, select “Always Dark” to launch dark mode.
You can find more information about App Appearance in this article.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat for Android- Developer Mode
Dark Mode has not yet been released for Android by Snapchat. There is no need to worry, however! You can still enable it on your phone. Your Android device may support dark mode if you use this alternative solution. Switching on developer mode will force Snapchat into dark mode. Follow these steps to enable Snapchat’s dark mode:
- You’ll see the Notification Bar when you swipe down on your phone.
- You can access these settings by selecting “Gear” (Settings) at the top right corner.
- “Display” should be set to “Dark Mode.”
- Go to “Settings” and select “About Phone.”
- A window will appear titled “Software Information.”. Scroll down to find the “Build Number.”.
- It would help if you tapped it six times. Three taps will trigger a developer mode notification.
- Once you enter your password, the developer mode will be enabled.
- Under “Settings,” click “Developer Options.”
- When you reach the bottom, click “Force Dark Mode.”.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat for Android using third-party apps
While Snapchat’s Android app has been updated to version 2.0, it still runs in light mode. Snapchat older versions can be downloaded and installed via third-party websites like APK Mirror. The APK Mirror website offers Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 for download. The “Download APK” icon may prevent you from receiving new features.
FAQs- How to get dark mode on Snapchat
These Snapchat dark mode answers might also be of interest to you.
- Are Android users able to use Snapchat’s dark mode officially?
Snapchat’s dark mode is not supported on Android devices. Workarounds usually require downloading third-party apps.
- Snapchat’s dark mode will be available to Android users eventually?
No official confirmation is that Snapchat dark mode will be available for Android users. At least for now, it seems to be doing so. One thing can be done to make it a priority for them. Snapchat developers can implement dark mode as soon as you submit feedback. The following steps can be taken to accomplish this:
- In the menu, click Settings
- A suggestion can be submitted by clicking ‘I Have a Suggestion.
- The form can be submitted by clicking ‘Submit.’
- What is the battery life of Snapchat in dark mode?