If you’ve ever used Instagram, you know that it’s a great way to share photos, videos, and stories about your life. Millions of people use it to socialize with people, family, and coworkers. In order to improve user experience, the platform is regularly improving algorithms.
With Direct Messages, users may exchange private messages, images, and videos.
The platform wasn’t built to allow users to send one another private messages. That’s why users can’t backup messages straight from the app.
However, we’ve all erased something and then realized we needed it later. Sadly, this also occurs to Instagram messages. It’s a tragedy when you accidentally delete essential Instagram messages and can’t restore them.
Here, you can read the whole guide on how to get back Instagram messages that you’ve deleted in 2021.
So if you want to retrieve Instagram direct messages, this technique is for you.
Good? Let’s begin.
Recovering Deleted Instagram Messages
- Instagram Messages Recovery by iStaunch
The Instagram Messages Recovery by iStaunch can help you get back your deleted Instagram messages. To do this, go to the site and enter your username. Following that, select the recover messages option, and the messages will be restored to your account immediately.
- Recover Instagram Messages
On your Android or iPhone, you can delete a direct message from Instagram, but it won’t show up in your app anymore. It’s still there on the server.
It’s easy to get your Instagram messages back if you want them back. You just have to ask Instagram for your account data and get your deleted messages.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Log in to Instagram.
- Then tap the Profile icon.
- Then choose Settings.
- In the Data and History section, choose Security, then Download Data.
- You may also obtain data via Instagram’s Data Download Page.
- Then, input your email address and click Request Download.
- Instagram will create a file of your account within 48 hours of your request.
- To access deleted Instagram DMs, download the app and follow the instructions below.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages and View Them
- Download the Json Genie (Editor) app.
- Extract the zip file.
- Start the Json Genie (Editor).
- Open the messages.json file in the Instagram data folder.
- That’s it, these are all deleted Instagram messages.
If you have an iPhone, you may see the JSON file using JSON Pro Free. Visit the Online JSON Viewer website to see the JSON file on your PC.
Now you know how to restore Instagram messages on Android and iPhone. We hope you enjoy the above techniques to recover Instagram messages. How else can you view deleted Instagram DMs? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.