Mainly if you use Snapchat for its privacy-oriented features, losing your Snapchat account can be frustrating. Whether you forgot your password or someone hacked your Snapchat account, losing access to your account is frustrating. Here are the steps for retrieving your Snapchat account and strengthening its security if you lose access.
How to Recover Your Snapchat Account (2022)
Before beginning the recovery process, determine why you lost access to your account. It is possible to forget a password sometimes. Sometimes we cannot access our accounts because they have been hacked. Investigations will be conducted to determine whether access can be re-established in the two cases.
How to Recover Snapchat Account if You Have Lost Your Password
For those Snapchat users who forgot their password, resetting their password is the fastest way to regain access to their accounts. You can reset your password by following these steps:
- Android and iPhone users can use Snapchat. Start by clicking “Login.”. Use your username or email address to reset your password by selecting “Forgot your password?”.
- You may also recover your account by logging into your email account or calling your phone number. The first step is to choose email. In a browser window, enter your email ID and tap “Submit” to submit your request via email.
- By email, you will receive a link for resetting your Snapchat password. Click the link and enter your new password to reset your password.
- You can recover your account by sending a message or making a phone call using your phone number.
- Once you’ve entered your OTP, you can create your new password. Once your password has been reset, you should be able to log into your Snapchat account.
Recover Snapchat Account if You Forgot Your Username and Email
After not using Snapchat for a while, it can be challenging to remember your username. If you forget your password, enter your email instead of your username to use the failed password method. When you forget your creator’s email ID, what should you do? The following steps will help you fix the problem:
- List all your email addresses. People with multiple email addresses may forget their Snapchat email ID if they cannot recall which one was used to create the account. Your entire email address list should be included.
- Once the app is launched on your phone, you can begin the recovery process. Under the option for recovery by email, enter all your email addresses. For emails not associated with an email account, there will be an error message stating, “Email address is invalid.”
Your password can then be reset, and your account can be recovered using the correct email address you found. By following the steps above, you can do the same.
How to Recover Stolen Snapchat Account
Taking over a Snapchat account is difficult if it is stolen. According to the changes made by the hacker, you will have to recover your account. Your account information will be protected if you change your password if you uncover your credentials were exposed in a data dump (haveibeenpwned is a great site to check).
If someone has already accessed your account and changed your password, you can use the password reset route to regain control. When the recovery email ID, phone number, and email ID have been changed, they cannot be reversed. By filling out a form and contacting Snapchat Support, you might be able to recover your account.
How to Secure Your Snapchat Account
Snapchat accounts should always be protected from the start to prevent a tragedy. By following these steps, you can keep your account secure and virtually prevent anyone from unknowingly accessing it.
Make Sure Your Email ID and Number are Updated
The process of creating a Snapchat account is simple. Signing up is quick and easy. You must enter your name, birth date, phone number, or email address. Having a phone number or an accurate email address is not necessary. If you lose your password or your account is hacked, you will not lose your email ID and number on Snapchat. Passwords cannot be reset if you lose them.
If you want to ensure your Snapchat number and email address are accurate, verify them on the Settings page. To change your profile settings, click your profile icon in the upper left corner of the page.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
In Snapchat’s settings, turn on two-factor authentication to ensure no one can break into your account without your permission. The two-factor authentication feature can be accessed by opening Settings and tapping on “Two-Factor Authentication.” Follow the instructions on the screen to turn it on.
Generate a Recovery Code
To prevent your account from being locked out, generate a recovery code after enabling two-factor authentication. A recovery code can be used to recover your two-factor authentication app. You can create a Snapchat recovery code by following the steps below:
- By choosing “Recovery mode” on the next page, you can generate the Snapchat recovery code. Two-factor authentication is enabled on Snapchat’s settings page.
- Tap “Generate” and enter the Snapchat password to access your recovery code. Your Snapchat recovery code will let you regain access if you get locked out.
Use Best Practices for Passwords
Many people do not follow this common sense. It is always a good idea to create passwords according to best practices. Make sure the passwords you choose are long and random, containing various numbers, letters, and special characters.
Multiple social media platforms require you to remember usernames and passwords. The process does not need to be followed. Use a good password manager if you want to automatically fill in your credentials and keep all your passwords secure.
Take Control of Your Locked Snapchat Account
Hopefully, the information I provided in this article will help you to retrieve your Snapchat account. Takeaway: your account should be harder to steal if you learn anything from this article. We have dedicated guides you can use if you need assistance with Snapchat that isn’t working. Check out our Snapchat tricks article for more tips on using Snapchat.