Today, cosmetic surgery is well-known all over the world. It is a sort of plastic surgery in which plastic surgeons can improve the appearance of areas of your face or body.
You can use this surgical technique if you wish to modify something about your face or your personality. Cosmetic surgery is most commonly used to alter your physical appearance. If you are unhappy with any portion of your body, cosmetic surgery can help you make the changes you desire.
Cosmetic surgery can also be used to improve one’s aesthetic appeal, fix disproportionate body features, or eliminate scars of any type.
What is a Neck lift Surgery?
A neck lift surgery is a procedure in which excess fat beneath the chin is removed and the hanging skin is tightened to improve the appearance of the neck. This procedure is sometimes combined with additional cosmetic procedures such as a facelift, eyelid surgery, or brow lift.
Cuts are performed around the ear and beneath the chin in this procedure. This procedure completed in two to three hours. On the day of surgery, he gets released from the hospital. When the swelling from the operation site is gone, the result of the surgery will be obvious.
Aging affects not just the skin on the face, but also the muscles, fat, and bones. The neck, unlike the face, does not contain supporting bones. After the face, aging affects the neck, which occurs not only as a result of aging but also as a result of stress, genetic, or environmental factors. As we age, the skin of the neck loosens or excess fat hangs under the chin.
This surgery can be done if a person is unsatisfied with the form of his neck. Cirugía de lifting de cuello can be achieved by lift or fat transfer. Facelift surgery (reduction of wrinkles, loose skin, and fat from the face) is performed if the effects of aging are also obvious on the face and neck. To tighten the tissue and muscles inside the neck and remove the hanging skin, incisions are usually done behind the ear and under the chin.
When you should not do the surgery?
You should not have any type of surgery if you are above the age of 70 or under the age of 50, and you are not suitable for a neck lift if you are pregnant. Even if you have a major health concern such as heart, lung, or renal problems, this procedure is not performed.
On the other hand, if you smoke cigarettes regularly, a general anesthetic is not appropriate for you, and you may be denied surgery by a specialist.
What you are supposed to do before the surgery?
You will have to go to the hospital a few days before the surgery. During this, the surgeon will look at your face and take some pictures for the record. During this the surgeon will ask some questions, such as
- Your Medical History
- Have any allergies.
- Have been allergic to anesthesia.
- Inform your doctor if you’re using any herbal supplements, vitamins, or over-the-counter medications.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant?
- If you’re on any blood thinners, cease taking them one week before your operation. The surgeon will advise you to stop smoking cigarettes immediately if you do so every day. This will assist to lower the risks of surgical problems. Before surgery, take a shower and remove any nail paint, jewelery, and makeup. You’ll need a buddy or family member to accompany you home. The night before surgery, you are not allowed to eat or drink anything.
Things to consider after surgery
If you are experiencing any of the following issues after neck lift surgery, you should seek advice from an expert once again:
- Swelling, redness, and increased warmth around the surgical site.
- Discharge or bleeding from the stitched region.
- Numbness and weariness are worsening.
- The discomfort does not go away.
- Vomiting or nausea.
- Sutures that have come out of the skin.
- You’re suffering from severe diarrhea or constipation.