Snapchat’s unique feature is the ability to add emojis to usernames. A lot of people have been confused by emojis like the hourglass. Is there any specific meaning to it? Snap streaks measure the frequency with which emojis communicate with certain friends on your friend’s list. Snapstreaks and what they mean are explained in the following guide.
The purpose of this article is to explain what each of the standard emojis means, as well as how to maintain your Snapstreak.
What Is a Snapstreak?
For a deeper understanding of the hourglass emoji, you must first understand Snapstreaks.
A Snapstreak can be started by exchanging a snap at least once with another user for at least three days. Upon that, a fire emoji will appear next to the username. It is essential to exchange snaps every 24 hours to maintain the streak. Keep the line by exchanging images between both parties. Regular use of the app is made more likely by this method. Your streak status will include a fire emoji and a number showing how many days have passed. Fire emojis will be lost if you do not exchange snaps for 24 hours.
What Does the Hourglass Emoji Mean?
- You will be notified by Snapchat when your 24-hour Snapstreak window has expired when the hourglass emoji appears next to the fire emoji.
- The streak you are on will end if you don’t react as soon as you see this emoji. When do you plan to finish?
- An hourglass icon will appear on the Snapstreak timer after 20 hours have passed since the last snap exchange. A streak expires after four hours if you don’t snap again.
- The hourglass emoji can also be removed by ending your streak.
What Is the 100 Icon Next to a Snapstreak?
The ‘100’ icon next to someone’s username means you have exchanged snaps for one hundred consecutive days. Snapchat will reward you for this admirable dedication with a ‘100’ emoji.
The icon will disappear after your 101st day, whether you continue or end the streak.
How to Maintain a Snapstreak
To maintain your streak, you need to exchange snaps. No rule says all Snaps are snaps.
Snap messages can be sent using your camera button. Snapstreaks count pictures and videos instead of text messages and voice messages.
Interactions that do not affect a Snapstreak include:
- On Snapchat, here are some highlights
- Group chats
What to Do if Your Snapstreak Disappears?
There may have been an app error causing your Snapstreak to disappear despite sending snaps together.
Here are some steps you can take if your Snapstreak vanishes because of a mistake:
- The support page on Snapchat can assist you.
- There is an option to return to ‘My Snapstreak Disappeared’ in the section ‘My Snapstreak Disappeared.’
- You must fill out all required fields.
If you follow these steps, Support will contact you once it has resolved your issue. As soon as you receive a message back from Snapchat, you will be instructed on how to keep your Snap Streak going. When you are confident that all streak guidelines have been followed, you may continue to chat with Support.
If you fail to notice the hourglass immediately, you might not have four hours to continue your streak. We encourage you to exchange snaps with your friend as soon as possible.
The disappearance of streaks is sometimes caused by system errors and friends who are too busy to maintain their Snapchat activity. Maintaining a long line is as simple as exchanging snaps every day.